Storefront and Office Manager
Application deadline: May 12, 2019
$15-17/hour (depending on experience)
The Museum of Jewish Montreal (MJM) – an innovative place to connect with Montreal’s diverse Jewish life and heritage through new cultural experiences – is seeking a motivated Storefront and Office Manager to help with the coordination of our visitor services and boutique, as well as manage the Museum’s office and bookkeeping.
- Interfacing with the public on tour-related questions and inquiries;
- Coordinating our public tours calendar, including using online booking systems and scheduling tour guides;
- Managing orders, stocking, merchandizing, and inventory for our museum’s boutique;
- Processing consignment accounts payable;
- Daily bookkeeping and balancing with point of sales;
- Managing accounts payable and accounts receivable;
- Processing payroll and related items;
- Working with Executive Director to update budget and cash flow documents;
- Prepare charitable receipts for donations and assist with mailing campaigns to donors;
- Other bookkeeping duties as needed;
- Ordering office supplies.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent interpersonal skills in order to interface with visitors, other Museum staff, and vendors;
- Have strong computer skills, specifically experience with Microsoft Office (experience with
QuickBooks an asset though not required);
- Be proficient in French and English (written and spoken);
- Be resourceful, multi-task efficiently, and work well autonomously;
- Have experience managing retail and staff (an asset);
- Have a humanities background and previous experience working in tourism or arts management in other cultural organizations (an asset).
The Museum of Jewish Montreal would also strongly consider hiring talented and hard-working candidates
who may not possess every skill listed above, but have a strong interest in working in museums or arts
management and in helping us bring our cultural projects to life. Our organization is eager to teach and help
our employees grow new skills for careers in the cultural and not-for-profit sectors.
Eligibility for Emploi Quebec is an asset for this position, and we encourage applications from candidates who have permanent residency, are unemployed or underemployed, and are not students.
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com before Sunday May 12, 2019.