The Museum of Jewish Montreal (MJM) – an innovative place to connect with Montreal’s diverse Jewish life and heritage through new cultural experiences – is seeking an enthusiastic Development and Community Engagement Coordinator to help create and manage our museum’s new community engagement program, build our audiences, and assist with stakeholder and donor management.
- Help develop and manage a museum membership program;
- Help formalize a museum volunteer program, and recruit, train, and manage volunteers for certain events and initiatives;
- Help develop a microgrants program, and provide project support for applicants;
- Help develop a young leadership development program, and subsequently provide event support for participants;
- Support outreach activities to build audiences for each new program;
- Evaluate each new program and make adjustments;
- Update and manage a stakeholder and donor database, and provide Executive Director with fundraising support;
- Provide support for special events for members, volunteers, and donors.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent interpersonal skills in order to interface with stakeholders, donors, and community members;
- Have project management experience and will be organized and meticulous;
- Have community engagement experience or experience in sales (an asset);
- Have experience managing volunteers (an asset);
- Have experience coordinating events (an asset);
- Have fundraising and development experience (an asset);
- Have experience with database management and CRM software (an asset);
- Be proficient in French and English (written and spoken);
- Be resourceful, multi-task efficiently, and work well autonomously and as part of a team;
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset, with the ability to spot new opportunities for audience growth and fundraising;
- Have previous experience in the humanities or working with not-for-profits, museums, or other cultural organizations (an asset).
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Monday July 1, 2019 at 11:59pm.