MAKING THEIR MARK
MAKING THEIR MARK VIRTUAL TOUR
Join us for an immersive online tour of one of Montreal’s most vibrant historic neighbourhoods. The epicentre of Jewish life in Montreal from the turn of the 20th century until the 1950s, today’s Plateau neighbourhood was once home to tens of thousands of Jewish immigrants from Eastern Europe. Discover their stories and see first-hand how this community worked, worshipped, and supported one another as they built new lives in Montreal. Our virtual visit explores the schools, synagogues, hospitals, and cultural organizations they established: institutions that still leave a mark on Montreal society today. Join an expert local guide from the comfort of your own home, and immerse yourself in this neighbourhood’s unique and vibrant history.
$20 GENERAL ADMISSION
- Discover one of Montreal’s most popular historic neighbourhoods and its hidden gems from anywhere in the world, from the comfort of your own home.
- Enjoy an immersive tour experience, including live narration from a local expert guide, oral histories, historic images, soundscapes, and contemporary photographs.
- Chat with your local guide, join family and friends from around the world, and meet others with similar interests.
- Our friendly and knowledgeable tour guides are university-level researchers and will answer your questions and lead discussions throughout the tour experience.
- The tour runs for approximately 1 hour, followed by a group discussion
- Please inform the Museum of any relevant accessibility needs upon booking your tour. While live closed captioning of this experience is not possible, the tour guide’s face will be visible throughout the tour for lip reading and audio recordings will be transcribed.
- This presentation includes moving images (zooming in and out), animation, video and audio. Please let us know ahead of time if you have any sensitivities to this kind of on-screen movement so that we can discuss possible accommodations.
- Download & Install Zoom for free in advance of your tour. You will need an internet connection with the ability to stream audio and video to participate. A link and details on how to join will be included in your booking confirmation email.
- For optimal performance, we recommend using a laptop or desktop computer on the day of your tour.
- To learn more about the system requirements for a desktop computer, read the System Requirements for PC, Mac, and Linux article in Zoom’s Help Centre. To learn more about the system requirements for a mobile device, read the System Requirements for iOS, iPadOS, and Android article. To test your internet connection, join a test meeting.