VOLUNTEER GALLERY ATTENDANT
Volunteer: 4 to 8 hours/week, Nov 23, 2023 – March 3, 2024
The Museum of Jewish Montreal (MJM) – an innovative place to connect with Montreal’s Jewish life and identity, share our diverse heritage, and create new cultural experiences – is seeking an outgoing, bilingual gallery attendant for our new exhibition.
Our gallery attendants act as ambassadors of the Museum, and a point of contact for guests to learn about the Museum and its programmes! We’re looking for new team members who enjoy interacting with the public, are good communicators, excited about art, history, and/or heritage, and have an excellent sense of responsibility and teamwork.
- Ensuring that guests feel welcome in the space by greeting them, answering questions about the exhibition, and sharing the Museum’s mission and upcoming programmes
- Acting as a docent in the gallery space
- Please note, this position requires low-level physical activity such as carrying supplies upstairs and moving equipment weighing up to 10 lbs.
Advantages of Volunteering
- Connect with Montreal’s creative communities
- Learn about Jewish history, art and culture in Montreal
- Gain experience animating a public-facing art exhibition
Volunteers should possess strong interpersonal skills, an interest in the Museum’s activities and the ability to learn quickly and problem-solve effectively. No prior knowledge of Jewish history is required, but an interest in Montreal’s history, Jewish culture, contemporary art, and/or museums is an asset! Spoken proficiency in both English and French is required.
To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com by 11:59pm on Wednesday, November 8th:
- An email cover letter highlighting why you’d make a great fit at our Museum, along with any relevant skills and work experience related to the volunteer role
- General availability on Wednesdays – Sundays between 11am- 6pm between Nov 23rd, 2023 – March 3rd, 2024
Please note the Museum will send out confirmations of application received on the week of November 13th.
Please contact Gautier at firstname.lastname@example.org or 514 840-9300 if you have any questions about the application process.