Organization: Museum of Jewish Montreal
Job Title: Executive Assistant and Office Coordinator
Location: Montreal, QC
Start Date: May 2022
Compensation: $39,000 – $45,000/year (depending on experience)
Application Deadline: April 25, 2022 (early applications encouraged)
The Museum of Jewish Montreal – an innovative place to connect with Montreal’s diverse Jewish life and heritage through new cultural experiences – is seeking a motivated Executive Assistant and Office Coordinator to provide administrative support for governance and fundraising efforts, as well as manage our Museum’s office and bookkeeping. Reporting to the Executive Director and Director of Planning and Operations, the Executive Assistant and Office Coordinator will:
Office Administration & Bookkeeping
- Ensure the smooth and professional operations of the office;
- Process payroll and related items;
- Manage daily bookkeeping and balancing with point of sales;
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable;
- Assist with closing each month and quarter;
- Work with Executive Director to update cash flow and auditing documents; • Perform other bookkeeping duties as needed.
Board and Governance Support
- Coordinate meeting dates and communications before and after meetings;
- Take notes at meetings;
- Assist with tracking and filing of governance documents.
Fundraising & Development
- Support Executive Director / Director of Planning and Operations in prospecting and stewarding relations with donors and foundations, including follow-up emails, setting up meetings, and other communications;
- Follow up on inquiries from donors needing technical support for gifts; • Track all gifts in CRM, and ensure thank yous, charitable receipts, and further donor stewardship communications are sent and filed;
- Maintain Museum’s donor database and connect donors to tailored opportunities; • Support updating of fundraising communications materials;
- Support fundraising events in conjunction with Fundraising Committee and staff; • Support the Fundraising Committee with Director of Planning and Operations and assist with reports to Fundraising Committee and Board;
- Interface with Executive Director and Director of Planning and Operations in developing broader funding strategy and matching Museum needs with funding opportunities.
The ideal candidate will be an operationally-minded, highly organized, and detail-oriented team member, who loves to solve problems and connect with new people in a close-knit working environment. They will be excited about working to support a dynamic community-based arts & culture organization in an administrative capacity, and learning new skills while on the job. Applicants should ideally have:
- 1-3 years’ experience in office administration, fundraising, bookkeeping, or similar experience is desirable, but not required;
- Strong computer skills, specifically experience with Microsoft Suite, and Google Suite. Experience with QuickBooks or other accounting software, online banking, payroll systems, and CRMs considered an asset;
- An attention to detail and impeccable record keeping / database management skills; • A high level of resourcefulness, can multi-task efficiently, and work well autonomously; • Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines;
- Enthusiasm about learning new skills and improving upon existing ones; • A desire to create and improve upon systems that optimize work for themselves and for others in the organization;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and an ability to ask for additional resources to get the job done;
- Comfort in carrying out professional communications with a variety of stakeholders; • A passion for working with others, bringing professionalism, openness, and understanding to interactions with donors, foundations, community members, volunteers, and other staff;
- Curiosity, openness, and interest in learning about Montreal’s Jewish culture, heritage and community;
- Proficiency in French and English (written and spoken).
Interested individuals may apply directly to the Museum by sending a CV and a cover letter. All materials are due by Monday, April 25 at 12:00pm EST and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Executive Assistant and Office Coordinator”.
Candidates who are unemployed or having trouble entering the job market, and are eligible for Emploi Québec subvention salariale, are encouraged to apply. If you meet the eligibility for Emploi Québec, please let us know in your application.
The Museum of Jewish Montreal is committed to ensuring that we are an inclusive space and encourage applications from everyone, including but not limited to women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, people with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities.