Office Coordinator – Job Posting
Application Deadline: May 12, 2019
$15-17/hour (depending on experience)
The Museum of Jewish Montreal (MJM) – an innovative place to connect with Montreal’s diverse Jewish life and heritage through new cultural experiences – is seeking a detail-oriented and independent Office Coordinator to join our dynamic team and manage our Museum’s office and bookkeeping.
- Daily bookkeeping (Museum, café, boutique, events, and walking tours transactions);
- Manage all accounts payable and accounts receivable;
- Process payroll and related items (T4, R1, CSST, ROE, vacation, etc.);
- Prepare reports and government remittances (GST, QST, DAS, etc.);
- Daily balancing with point of sales;
- Prepare charitable receipts for donations and assist with mailing campaigns to donors;
- Produce reports and analysis, as needed for board of directors and Executive Director;
- Provide materials and support for accountants for audit and yearly financial statements;
- Order office supplies;
- Other duties as needed.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a Bachelors degree, DEP, or DEC in accounting or administration or equivalent (an asset);
- Have a minimum of two (2) years experience in a similar position (an asset);
- Possess strong computer skills, specifically experience with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office;
- Be proficient in French and/or English (written and spoken), with a working knowledge of the other;
- Be resourceful, multi-task efficiently, and work well autonomously;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills in order to interface with other Museum staff, vendors, etc.;
- Have knowledge and experience in non-profits and/or arts and culture organizations (an asset).
Our organization, while fast-paced, is eager to teach and help our employees grow new skills in the world of arts management. Even if the candidate does not have every skill listed above, we welcome candidates who have passion and a desire to learn/work hard and would enjoy collaborating with our team to make our cultural projects come to life.
Eligibility for Emploi Quebec is an asset for this position, and we encourage applications from candidates who have permanent residency, are unemployed or underemployed, and are not students.
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org SundayMay 12, 2019.